These are a few resources the OSHC team in Syd & Melb found and noted worth sharing, including a few additional recommendations for a OSHC coordinator in Queensland!
Movement & Keeping active experiences recommended by Matthew Chandler
- imoves: Your Home Learning Experience – fun activities that will keep children entertained, happy and active.
- The Walking Classroom Podcast: Walk, listen & learn. A great way for children to be active and take a brisk walk while listening to kid-friendly podcasts.
Cultural experiences recommended by Kirby Ryan
- “Cultural diversity” Paper Chain Craft: A creative activity designed to compliment learning about cultural diversity.
- Building a school garden (Indigenous plants): Explore an inspirational school garden, watch as the teacher and students talk about their garden and the things they are learning from it.
Mothers Day Arts & Crafts ideas recommended by Courtney Araipu
- Origami Letters: Make a Mother’s Day Card with Origami Letters
- 44 Mothers Day craft ideas for children: Whether you’re a painter, a crafter, or none of the above, Mum will certainly love any one of these wonderful DIY gifts
Resources from an OSHC Coordinator in Queensland
- 25 Fun and Easy Nature Crafts and Activities
- Printable scavenger hunt!: Can be used to identify nature of various colours or for spotting things around your backyard!
- Learn to code at home: Make your own games
Relaxation / Quiet Time
- How to draw a Mandala
- Looking for a morning activity? These colouring in pages were created by Nathan Patterson, a proud Wagiman Man living on the south coast of Victoria.