The role as a Special Education Needs Teacher can be one of the most challenging, but on the same breath, one of the most rewarding careers you could ever have. Some of us, by chance, fall into a Special Education Needs Teaching role and have never looked back, others have always had a strong passion to make a difference throughout their teacher training.
This Special Education Needs Toolkit is an informative resource for educators to give you an introduction to Special Educational school settings and practical resources to use in the classroom.
With the help of some of our amazing educators currently working in Special Education Settings, we have compiled a list of top tips to help you work in Special Needs schools.
This guide includes information on the following topics:
- The Picture Exchange Communication System, or PECS
- What is Hydrotherapy?
- Tips from successful SEN educators
- SEN Glossary
- Helpful questions to ask the TA & Teacher
- School-wide positive behaviour support framework
- What to expect at SEN Schools
- Behaviour management and de-escalation tools
DOWNLOAD HERE: Special Education Needs Toolkit
Contributions from Jen Cooksley, Tara McNally, Emily Bacon, Loreta Schepis, Siobhan Divilly, Claire O’Sullivan & Cilla Blanchard; anzuk educators.