The UK’s new Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (formerly known as the Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Visa) 

Want to teach in the UK and don’t have a visa? The Youth Mobility Scheme Visa could be for you! 


What is a Youth Mobility Visa? 

  • YMV is a two year Working Holiday Visa which Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians can apply for (with the option to extend for a third year). There are a few other nationalities that are also eligible.
  • You can lodge your application up to six months prior to your desired visa start date. 
  • Visa application fee is £298 and the Immigration Health Surcharge is £776 per year (£1552 for the two years). 
  • Your Immigration Health Surcharge covers the NHS (health system). This means that you can go see a doctor at no charge and entitles you to cheaper dental treatment (if it is an NHS covered practice). 
  • You must have GBP2530 in savings available for at least 28 consecutive days (this is the maintenance funds requirement). 


Are you eligible? 

  • You must be aged 18 to 35 if you are on an Australian, New Zealand or Canadian passport. 
  • Never entered the UK previously on the YMS visa. 
  • Have no dependents. 


Benefits to teaching in the UK 

  • Meet new people through our organised social gatherings. 
  • Travel around Europe while working. 
  • anzuk Education will support you through your journey while in the UK. 
  • Experience working in a different setting while enriching your CV. 


How can we help? 

  • We will guide you through the whole process;  from submitting your application,  scheduling your biometrics appointment, to arriving in the UK and collecting your BRP card. 
  • We will assess your application and make sure that you have all the relevant information needed for your application to be successful. 
  • Our admin fee is only $99. 


What other visa options are available? 

  • If you have British grandparents you may be eligible for a UK Ancestry visa, which our Visa Support Team can also help you apply for. For more info on the Ancestry visa, please click here. 
  • If you aren’t eligible for the YMS visa or the Ancestry visa, we may be able to assist with the process of securing a Skilled Worker Visa. This process is explained in the following blog.  (Please note: our Visa Support cannot assist with the application of this visa). 
  • Of course, if you have a British Passport or ability to apply for a Spousal Visa, then you will have working rights in the UK. 


Reach out to us at and we will promptly be in contact with you, with the aim of setting you on your way towards great experiences and adventure in the UK.

If you haven’t yet registered with anzuk, please click on the following link and we can chat further about your work preferences:

Or, if you have any friends/peers who may be interested, we offer a $150 referral bonus following 10 days worked in the UK!