The UK’s new Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (formerly known as the Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Visa)
Want to teach in the UK and don’t have a visa? The Youth Mobility Scheme visa could be for you!
What is a Youth Mobility Visa?
- YMV is a 2 year Working Holiday Visa which Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians can apply for. There are a few other nationalities also eligible
- You can lodge your application up to 6 months prior to your desired visa start date.
- Visa application fee is £259 and the Immigration Health Surcharge is £470 per year (£940 for the 2 years)
- Your Immigration Health Surcharge covers the NHS (health system). This means that you can go see a doctor at no charge and entitles you to cheaper dental treatment (if it is an NHS covered practice)
- You must have GBP2530 in savings available for at least 28 consecutive days (this is the maintenance funds requirement)
Are you eligible?
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of the application being lodged and paid online.
- Are you from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Monaco, Iceland or San Marino
- Never entered the UK previously on the YMS visa
- Have no dependents
Benefits to teaching in the UK
- Meet new people through our organised social gatherings
- Travel around Europe while working
- anzuk education will support you through your journey whilst in the UK
- Experience working in a different setting while enriching your CV
How can we help?
- We will guide you through the whole process; from submitting your application, scheduling your biometrics appointment, to arriving in the UK and collecting your BRP card.
- We will assess your application and make sure that you have all the relevant information needed for your application to be successful.
- Our admin fee is only $99 – *you may also be eligible for a $50 reimbursement, if you accept an ambassador contract of long-term position with anzuk prior to your departure to the UK. Please read about this in more detail in our blog.
What are other visa options are available?
- If you have British Grandparents you may be eligible for a UK Ancestry visa, which our Visa Support Team can also help you apply for. For more info on the Ancestry visa, please click here.
- If you aren’t eligible for the YMS visa or the Ancestry visa, we may be able to assist with the process of securing a Skilled Worker Visa. This process is explained in the following blog. (Please note our Visa Support can’t assist with the application of this visa).
- Of course, if you have a British Passport or ability to apply for a Spousal Visa, then you will have working rights in the UK.
Reach out to us at email@example.com and we will promptly be in contact with you, with the aim of setting you on your way towards great experiences and adventure in the UK.
If you haven’t yet registered with anzuk please click on the following link & we can chat further about your work preferences.
Or, if you have any friends/peers who may be interested, we offer a $150 referral bonus following 10 days worked in the UK!