20 things to do in London for £20 or less
So, you’ve made the choice to do some teaching in England – well done, great choice! You’ve probably also heard a lot about how expensive it is to live in London…..If the figure at the bottom of your bank statement does not fill you with confidence, you may be wondering…..How much money do I actually need to make it to the UK and get settled in? If so you may also find our blog on How much money you really need to travel & live in London blog helpful.
The good news is: it’s not as much as you think! If you are on a budget here is our list of top-notch experiences you and your mates can enjoy without blowing your paycheck all at once! Check it out…
- Try the tasters at the food stall in Borough Market
- Get your hands on a ticket to a comedy gig in Covent Garden
- Get a pint and a piercing at Camden Market
- Grab a cheap gig ticket at Electric Brixton
- Get your hands on a Harrods Shopping bag
- See an authentic Shakespeare play at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- Hire a Santander Cycles bike and see London on wheels. It costs £2 for unlimited journeys up to 30 minutes, within a 24 hour period. For journeys longer than 30 minutes, you pay £2 for each additional 30 minutes.
- Take a ride down the canal from Little Little Venice to Camden
- Jump on a London Bus and sightsee from the front seat on the top level
- Sip mulled wine at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland
- Jump in on of London’s iconic Black Cabs – Make it quick though if you want to stay under 20 quid!
- Hire a rowboat and paddle around at Victoria Park. Boat hire is £15.00 for 30 Minutes.
- Have a picnic with the Queen in St. James’s Park
- Hear the story of Jack the Ripper on a Jack the Ripper guided tour. To save even more you can take a self-guided tour and you can go at your own pace.
- Climb all 311 steps to the top of The Monument to see 360° views of London
- Take a walk along the Thames and snap a photo under the London Eye and Big Ben
- Eat a delicious curry at Brick Lane Market
- Watch the sun go down over London from the top of Parliament Hill
- Window shop your way down Oxford Street under the shimmering Christmas lights.
- Drop-in and visit the team at the anzuk office and let us know what else we can add to the list!
If you are interested in making the move to the UK, click here for more information and to get in touch!