Early Childhood Incentive Programs
The Victorian Government is committed to offering the best start to life for children. They understand the importance that Kindergarten programmes have to children. To support with the roll out of the program, the government is offering incentives to Educator and Teachers to take up roles in Funded Kindergarten Programs at Victorian services.
Incentives are available for roles across metropolitan Melbourne and in regional and rural Victoria.
Important things to note:
- Incentives are prioritised for people taking up roles in funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten. Incentives for people joining Four-Year-Old Kindergarten are limited
- You must have a minimum of 1 Full year of work rights (or have evidence of a visa application in process)
- Be contracted for a minimum of 12 months.
- Hold an ACECQA assessed qualification or mutually recognised qualification
- Teachers must hold VIT registration (or be in the process of applying for VIT)
There are two types of financial incentives available for Early Childhood roles commencing in 2023/ 2024:
Educator Incentives are available up to as much as $26,000, depending on which of the following incentives they are eligible for:
- Educator Individual Incentive of $9,000 (before tax) is available for people currently working outside of a Victorian funded kindergarten program. (eg. Interstate/Overseas ) to take up a role in a funded kindergarten program at any service delivering funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten in 2024.
- Educator Location Incentives of $9,000 (before tax) are available for people to take up a role in a funded kindergarten program at a service that is preapproved by the Department.
- Relocation supplements of up to $8,000 is available to Educators who are eligible for one of the above incentives and are relocating from over 100km from their current place of resident.
Eligible Educators who meet the criteria for both incentive types and relocation supplement will be able to receive both types of payment.
Teachers Incentives are available up to as much as $67,000, depending on which of the following incentives they are eligible for:
- An individual Incentive of $9,000 (before tax) is available to people who are not employed in a Victorian-funded kindergarten program (eg. Interstate/ Overseas Teachers or a Teacher who has not been in the early childhood sector for the past 12 months) to take up a role at any service delivering funded Three-Year-Old Kindergarten in 2024.
- Location Incentive of up to $50,000 (before tax) is available for people to take up a role at services that are pre-approved for a location incentive by the Department.
- Relocation supplements of up to $8,000 is available to Teachers who are eligible for one of the above incentives and are relocating from over 100km from their current place of resident.
Eligible Teachers who meet the criteria for both incentive types and the relocation supplement will be able to receive both types of payment.
Please review the program guidelines prior to lodging an application, to ensure you are eligible to apply for an incentive. You can use the Eligibility Checker at Appendix 1 of the guidelines to help you.
- Educator Incentives: 2023-24 Targeted_Educator_Incentives_Guidelines
- Teacher Incentives: 2023-24_Early_Childhood_Teacher_Incentives_Guidelines
If you’re interested to find out more, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our extensive network includes opportunities in Early Childhood settings, across regional and city locations.
If you haven’t yet registered with anzuk please click on the following link & we can chat further about your work preferences.
Or, if you have any friends/peers who may be interested, we offer a $150 referral bonus following 10 days worked in the UK:
We look forward to speaking with you soon.