G’day, educators! Are you ready for an exhilarating journey down under?
Victoria, Australia, beckons with its stunning landscapes, vibrant culture, and exceptional teaching opportunities. With a government-backed initiative supporting teachers from South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, The United States of America, The United Kingdom and Ireland, complete with relocation assistance and attractive financial incentives; your dream of teaching in this remarkable corner of the world is within reach!
It has never been easier to move to Australia to teach and with the Department of Education in Victoria supporting and assisting teachers with relocating here, now is the time to take advantage of this amazing opportunity!
The Department of Education (DoE) have committed to supporting teachers with sponsorship at government schools across the state, giving teachers the opportunity to come and live in Australia, with the potential for permanent residency further down the line. The DoE will also support teachers with relocation costs up to $10,000 for individuals and $20,000 for families.
On top of this, for eligible schools, there are financial incentives of between $10,000 and $30,000 in addition to the regular teacher salary, with additional bonuses each year of employment after.
For you to potentially qualify for this program, you will need to have the following:
- 4 years of tertiary education (with at least one year being a teaching degree)
- Evidence of a minimum of 45 days of supervised teaching placement during your teaching degree
- 2 years of full-time teaching experience (or equivalent)
Please note that unfortunately this incentive is not available to Early Childhood educators
How the process works:
- Initial conversation with representative from anzuk Education
- anzuk complete a qualification and documentation check to ensure your eligibility to teach in Victoria
- Vacant positions at schools presented to you to decide which you would like to apply for
- anzuk will submit your application for you and will help to arrange online interviews with the schools
- Once you have signed an offer at a school, the DoE and migration agents will be in touch to finalise the process and support you with relocation
- Throughout the whole process, an anzuk representative will be on hand to support you
Australia is truly a land of opportunities and the state of Victoria is an incredibly diverse space that offers amazing experiences for any lifestyle, with a good mix of young professionals and families calling it home!
Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Melbourne, from discovering hidden street art to savouring delectable cuisine, with a never ending selection of multicultural food. There are countless events and activities that take place in the city all year round, meaning you’ll never be lost for entertainment options either!
If you love the great outdoors, take advantage of the natural beauty and embark on a breath-taking road trip along the Great Ocean Road, where you can witness the majestic Twelve Apostles standing tall against the Southern Ocean’s backdrop, or delve into the enchanting Dandenong Ranges with its lush rainforests and stunning vistas. For the thrill-seekers, Victoria offers exhilarating experiences such as hot air ballooning over the picturesque countryside and hiking to the summit of Mount Kosciuszko.
If you are keen to explore this unique opportunity, please submit your interest via the form linked here and someone from the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to arrange an initial conversation!
International educators from countries that are not listed above are also encouraged to apply for this initiative as they are eligible for the benefits, however some of the application processes and requirements may differ. Please get in touch and we can help you through what is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!