The Perks of Working in Out of School Hours Care:
Before and After school care shifts provide a range of learning experiences which may include:
- indoor and outdoor play activities planned with and for the children
- a range of developmentally appropriate options that cater for the needs and interests of all children, including construction, drama, dress-ups, art and craft, cooking, quiet reading and games
- incursions and programs delivered by external educators and organisations coming into the service such as language or music sessions
The perks of working in OSHC for your CAREER:
- Build invaluable relationships with school communities and principals which can support you with opportunities for teaching positions and teacher’s aide positions in the future.
- Working with multi-age programs gives you the skills and abilities to develop and figure out what age groups are your strengths and determine your preferred classroom age of choice.
- Learning experiences that can help you to develop age-appropriate lesson plans and games that can be used in your placement and teaching positions.
The perks of working in OSHC for your LIFESTYLE:
- Flexible working hours. Due to the nature of the shifts when working in OSHC this can help to work around your university timetable and position you for work when other employees or companies can’t.
- It also provides you with extra work in addition to any teaching days/support days you get with anzuk or direct with a school.
The most important reason to work in OSHC – its FUN! It’s a play-based environment, which allows you to develop rapport with children and families whilst engaging in fun, exciting activities. You can trial ideas you have with the children, you work alongside other educators who are also studying their degree and mentor them.
If you are interested in working in OSHC please apply online and our friendly team will be in touch!